Thursday, February 21, 2008

Feeling Crafty, In The Good Kinda Way!

A few weeks ago our ward had our annual Super Saturday, it was super fun! We made amazing projects here is a look see at what I got done.


2x4 panted with black paint, edges sanded, latex lettering applied and matte finished. I will display this near pictures of our family.



The lettering on this one didnt turn out the way I imagined, so I added some eye screws to the top and used ribbon for a hanger, I actually like it better now. I had originally planned on displaying it on a shelf with some family pictures, but I didnt like the way the font looked so I think it looks better where it is on the front door. PS my door really is in need of a fresh coat of paint!! To bad I live in an apartment and cant paint it myself!



This is really hard to capture on film, it is actually a piece of bent or curved glass that says in white lettering Bill and Moana and the black lettering says Fullmer. I will be displaying this a little differently then what is pictured in the next picture. But until then this is where I have it displayed.





I really love chrome and metal finishes. This is actually a magnet board so that family pictures can be hung with magnets from it. I haven't actually got any cute magnets yet but when I do I will use them to hang pictures from this amazing magnet board. It is a piece of mdf painted blacked then sanded, a piece of galvanized steel glued with liquid nails and then latex lettering applied. I matte finished the wood before adhering the metal.


This board is really heavy and didnt have any way of it being hung so I added eye screws to the back and used ribbon as a hanger.


This is were it is being displayed in our house, I think it will live here but I am still experimenting. I like it next to my black and white curtains, I love chrome! Yummy!


This one also has metal intended to be a magnet board but I love the chrome so much I am not using it as a magnet board but rather as an amazing way to display our wedding date. I really love the look of the metal finish.


This is a regular picture frame that was purchased from a second hand store, I sanded it down, painted it black sanded it again and matte finished it. The glass then has latex lettering applied to it. When displayed your wall color shows thorough. Very cool as it is but Bill and I are going to add a piece of galvanized steel to the back of it so that we have our metal look. We chose words that we are striving to live up to as a family, or the values we believe in.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

SO so so fuN! I want to be in your ward!! And bonus, you won't ever forget your last name! :) Very cute projects. Love you!

venuscameback said...

Moana, you're so talented :)

We love you!!!