Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Different Kind Of Organizer.

I am a visual learner and love all things that pertain to imagery. I have a vivid imagination and I speak in metaphors. So what better then to have a place to store all those things visually that inspires me to keep my New Years Resolutions? I read this article and it inspired me to create my own Spark Book.

These are the materials that I used to create my own book. For a detailed list of what you will need to create your own book, the list is included in the link above. I purchased my notebook from Wal-mart for only .99 cents! I liked the cover so much that I only added a little embellishment to it. I used SEI products from the "Winnie Walls" collection and the alpha stickers are made by American Crafts from their "Hickory" collection. The SEI collection that I used for the paper has file folder stickers so I opted to use these instead of making my own with ribbon per the instructions.


Close-up of the finished books cover. Just some torn paper with the edges inked and then I used a tag with a "I" letter sticker and wrote the word, "Inspire"




I created 9 sections for my Spark Book, each section has a cover page decorated and labeled accordingly. This is just the close-up of one of the 9 sections.


The 9 sections that
I have in my Spark Book are:
  1. Daily Inspiration: a place to record daily goals, include ticket stubs, pictures, color chips, anything that inspires me.
  2. Books To Read: Section to record the books I intend to read over the course of 2008
  3. Health and Wellness: Record food journal, weight goals,etc..
  4. Personal Stuff
  5. Family Goals: Activities, projects and goals to be completed as a family for 2008
  6. Home: Projects, organization, home decor we'd like to accomplish in 2008
  7. Cooking/Entertainment: Recipes and dinner part ideas I want to remember
  8. Travel/R&R: Places I'd like to visit or do in the next 12 months.
  9. Projects to complete in the next 12 months such as creating our 72 hr kits.
Close-up of the tabs. I really like using the SEI file folder stickers. I think I find excuses to use them since I love them so much!

This is definatly a different kind of planner, I personally am excited to use it.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

OHHHHH, I LOVE this!!! What a super cute idea!! You are awesome!!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

WOW, Moana, you're amazing! That is super cute!

Murdoch Clan said...

Moana, I love this idea! I made one of my very own! I was at the dollar store and what do you know I have the exact same book that you have! What a fluke, I was looking for an inspirational journal that covered everything in my life! Love you Sis, You're so amazing=)